I have two daughters, so I’m raising two future women. Maybe! I mean, one of them might be a guy later. It’s possible. It could happen. Someday one of my daughters could be like ‘Dad, I’m really a guy’ and I’ll be like ‘Alright well let’s get you a dick, honey. We’ll get you the nicest dick in town.’
5 Tips for College Applications
As a recent high school graduate, I know how stressful the college application process is. Hell, I only applied to 4 schools and it was stressful (and none of them were even Ivy League!). But after months of stress, essay re-writes, interviews, and filling out FAFSA, I did get in to 3 out of the 4 schools I applied to and I’m now enrolled to begin at my dream school this fall! Here are the things the helped me maintain my sanity and get into the school of my dreams.
1. Start early.
Unfortunately, one of the schools I applied to was a last minute decision. Like, I literally started and finished the application two days before the deadline. And it was the most stressful two days of my life. So, take it from someone who knows: as soon as the applications goes online, start it. Even if that only means entering in your name, high school, and address, it’s better than nothing and will save your time and your sanity later on. Plus, you’ll have more time to focus on your personal statement and really showcase who you are.
2. Keep all of your information in one place.
If not all of your applications are on the Common App (only one of mine was), it helps to keep all important information (i.e: Social Security number, high school transcript, volunteer and work experience phone numbers and addresses, recommendation letters, etc.) in one place so that you can access everything you need without hunting around every time you fill out an application.
3. Proofread. And proofread again.
In fact, get three different people help you proofread and at least one person to help you edit your personal statement. You don’t want to get dinged by the admissions staff because you accidentally left the comma out of “it’s” or used “affect” when you should have used “effect.” And if you’re going to have a teacher edit it (especially if it’s an English teacher), be sure to ask early. They’ll be getting tons of requests and you don’t want them to pass you up because they’re tired of reading personal statements.
4. Be Yourself.
Whether you are writing your personal statement or sitting in an interview with a college rep, make sure you’re being genuine. Trust me, it’s easy to spot someone who’s kissing up to the interviewer or telling them what they think the interviewer wants to hear, rather than being unique, genuine, and being themselves. Colleges want to accept the real you, not the fake version that you think they want to see.
It may seem like the college application process is the only important thing to worry about for the next three months, but I promise you that it’s not. Yes, it is a big deal, but if you’re spending hours upon hours pouring over your essay day in and day out for a month, you’re just going to drive yourself crazy and drive your friends and family away. Take time to relax, enjoy time with your loved ones, and treat yourself kindly. Don’t pass up any fun senior year activities (football games, Homecoming, etc.) just because you want to spend more time perfecting your application. These are experiences you won’t get back if you skip them. By all means, work hard on your applications to make them as good as you can, but don’t sacrifice your life, sanity, or amazing experiences in a misguided pursuit of perfection.
fuck I have seen this post on my dash at least 4 times today and it took me until just now to realize it was spongebob?? I wasnt reading the text before, and it took me a further 30 seconds to realize that was mr krabbs
This art is so good but spongebob human designs make me feel so strange like I am looking at this and Eugene Krabs is hot and Im not sure if thats something Im willing to accept
Make Your Own Alkaline Vitamin Water
Find yourself needing a vitamin boost?
Click here, for complete recipe and directions of my five signature colour-free, sugar-free and bpa plastic free alkaline vitamin waters or get inspired to make your own combinations.
- Recovery - This vitamin water is ideal for recovery post-workout or after a large bout of physical activity. Blackberries and Cherries aid in replenishing oxygen in the blood while pomegranate and glutamine help to restore and repair muscle tissue damage
- C*Power - This vitamin water gives you a boost of anti-viral and anti-inflammatory vitamin C. With natural citrus fruits and camu camu powder, c*power is ideal for boosting your immunity after an illness or just keeping your body empowered. This is an excellent combination for weight loss
- Stressless - This is my favourite combination, the blend of watermelon and rosemary is divine. This vitamin water is ideal for helping you balance stress on a mental and physiological level. With the addition of B vitamins, hydrating watermelon and calming rosemary this combination is best used during times of stress or intensity
- Digest It - Excellent for aiding in digestion and stimulating the colon and digestive tract. With the combination of pineapple’s digestive enzymes, soothing, cooling mint and warming ginger, stimulating lemongrass, immunizing lychee and probiotics this water will aid in internal balance
- Detox - Purify your blood and body with this awesome vitamin water! Detox is ideal for the morning after a night out or when you are cleansing. Created with hydrating coconut water, and fresh cucumber, nutrient rich coconut meat, detoxifying milk thistle and anti-oxidant loaded raspberries and blueberries, this combination will cleanse your body from the inside out
It simple, cheap and easy way to get your vitamins in a delicious and hydrating way.
I cannot pee and swim at the same time
You have to start right before you leave the wall
this is my life in one post
Aha I love you guys
I’m going to try this today..
Anyone successful? I got it the other day..
Saw this somewhere else and felt the need to post it cause no one else ever really tells you this stuff
My mom never really noticed. She noticed when she was breast feeding my little brother and blood started coming out instead of milk.
My mom said she felt and saw a little lump in the shower. She was lucky enough she found it at stage 2
My mom had a mammogram. The radiologist thought the spots were just regular calcium deposits.
Turns out it was triple negative breast cancer that had spread to her lymph nods. Mastectomy, radiation and chemo saved her life.
This could SAVE a life.
dont be embarrassed to reblog, this post could be life saving
Signal BOOST and pass it on. I had a breast cancer scare before (luckily it was just scar tissue…) and information like this kept me calm and collected at the doc’s.
As a cancer patient myself, who found my own cancer through a supposed LARPing injury last year, i know how scary it is and how important it is to catch it early. Please spread this around!
listen to ur boobs
its all in the boobs
hoW MANY TIMES AM I GOING TO REBLOG THIS ! SORRY FOLLOWERS , #sorrynotsorry
REBLOG,THIS COULD SAVE SOMEBODY!!! DONT BE EMBARRASSED!!!
Why embarrassed ? Theres nothing embarrassing in this picture